SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2015

From:
Steve Gaarder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Gaarder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 2015 10:20:52 -0500
Just to clear things up a little: With SL6 and earlier, we had /usr/local
be a symlink into afs space.  With SL7, we changed it so that the
subdirectories (bin, etc, lib, lib64, include, sbin) are symlinks.  This
avoided some problems that came up with installation, but we still have
trouble when there is an update to the filesystem package.

Steve Gaarder
System Administrator, Dept of Mathematics
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA