SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2015

Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 2015 07:13:04 -0600
I need some advice on how to troubleshoot an apc smart ups.  I am
getting pairs of onbatt/online messages from nut 3-4 times a day.  No
particular regularity.

My first attempt at a fix was to set the power quality to fair to see if
that would help.  Nope.  There is an advanced config option called the
transfer setting which I gather is a specific value for triggering an
on battery transition.  I've not tried this.

I'm thinking of trying an alternative circuit to see if that helps.

But, all this is basically stabbing at the wind.  I've tried to find a
write-up on how one goes about diagnosing ups problems like this but no
luck.

I would appreciate any advice you have.  Thanks.