SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2015

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 2015 13:28:21 -0700
Vladimir,

You seem to display a bridge between an 802.3 (eth) and an 802.11 (wnic).

I am running on 4 hours sleep right now and still have 7 hours before I
may leave for home; thus I apologize for being too exhausted to figure
out the actual commands and configurations to implement what you display
that evidently would work.  My laptop has both a physical 802.3
interface and a physical 802.11 interface, with the 802.3 rarely used
(most sites only provide 802.11).  Do I add under SL 7.1 a "virtual" eth
(e.g., an eth1) on the host, then make that a slave to the physical
802.11 wnic on the host, and then attach VirtualBox to the virtual eth
on the host via NAT under VirtualBox?

In any event, a copy (typescript, screenshots, etc.) of the actual
commands you used, any needed configuration files, and a copy of any
outputs produced during the activation/configuration greatly would be
appreciated.

As for the comment from someone in this email exchange that VirtualBox
NAT works from a wnic to the internal 802.3 virtual eth on the virtual
machine that supports MS Win 7 -- it does not, hence my query.

Yasha Karant