SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2015

From:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 2015 16:59:05 -0500
> Hi Torsten,
>
> The lorax tool should get you where you are going.  It ships within SL7.

Pungi should also be looked into.  Depends on where in the "tree" building
process you want to be.

Pungi builds the "rpm" tree part of a RHEL release.  It takes as input
kickstart files which specify where to get rpms from and which rpms to
place in the tree.  This is known as the "gather" step of Pungi.

Pungi also can call "lorax" to build the files that
reside in /images/  which include boot.iso and the pxe files.

Pungi can take the full build tree and create the 'DVD' install media.

So it depends on what you have to start with and what you want as the
result.

-connie