SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2015

Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 2015 08:20:46 -0700
On Tue, 13 Oct 2015, Yasha Karant wrote:

> I must run a variety of web browser applications.  One of these is seamonkey.
>
> Diagnostics:
> [root@linux-3iz7 opt]# seamonkey/seamonkey
> XPCOMGlueLoad error for file /opt/seamonkey/libxul.so:
> libfreetype.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> Couldn't load XPCOM.
> [root@linux-3iz7 opt]# yum install libfreetype.so.6
> Loaded plugins: langpacks, nvidia
> There does not seem to a X86-64 tar.bz2 runnable binary for Seamonkey, only
> an IA-32 version, but polymorphism for the above
> support application (freetype) does not seem to be possible.  Any suggestions
> would be kindly appreciated.  The environment is SL 7.1 not yet fully updated
> to SL 7x.   ElRepo and EPEL repositories also are used for applications that
> are not readily available in
> the "stock" repo.

seamonkey is in the Fedora everything tree.

I built it earlier this year from one of the Fedora versions.   I had
to hack the spec file and the comm-release/mozilla/configure file
to force it to use an older version of nss in order to get it to
build on stock SL 7.  That is presumably why it has not shown up in epel
so far, if it ever will.

But it works for me, so whatever is hardwired into the build process
for build requirements for the nss library versions does not seem to
affect my experience with it.

cheers, etc.
--
deatrich @ triumf.ca, Science/ATLAS         PH: +1 604-222-7665