SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2015

From:
LOCEAN Admins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
LOCEAN Admins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 2015 11:36:43 +0200
On 10/08/2015 07:50 PM, Marian Szebenyi wrote:
> After upgrading to SL6.7, I see strange behavior with some
> graphical applications, in that the contents of windows are lost
> or change color from what they should be. For example, with
> ImageMagick, if I bring up the main menu, select a smaller
> submenu (e.g. Image Edit), do some things with this menu (e.g.
> change some colors in the image being viewed), and dismiss the
> submenu, the main menu is only partially displayed; the section
> which extends beyond where the submenu was has lost its contents
> and become just an empty frame. With another application a file
> selection window appears in strange colors. I suspect a problem
> with libX11, but it could be something to do with a window
> manager. I am running the Gnome desktop. Any ideas?

I think it's the same problem as we had with
xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.15.0-36 and Ferret/R etc.

I posted a message here at 16.09.2015 with subject :
"rePost : SL6.7 problem with ferret/R and
xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.15.0-36" about this problem.

For the moment
a) the solution is a downgrade to xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.15.0-26

b) we know that the problem is that "updated Xorg server does
not send the initial "expose" events" (thanks to Konstantin
Olchanski)

c) And we know that the problem comes from 1.15.0-32 update (Fix
backing store's Always mode).

I sent a mail to Adam Jackson ([log in to unmask]) the person who
applied the 1.15.0-32 version...
But I have absolutely no reply from him... :-(

Thanks,
Paul Zakharov