SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

October 2015

From:
Lincoln Bryant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lincoln Bryant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 2015 16:46:12 -0500
Hi folks,

I'm trying to use systemd-nspawn to create a SL7 container within a base SL7 system. To do that, I'm bootstrapping an SL7 rootfs using yum's installroot capability:
	# yum -y --releasever=7 --nogpg --installroot=/btrfs/el7 --disablerepo='*' --enablerepo=sl install systemd passwd yum sl-release vim-minimal

However, when it comes time to retrieve the packages from remote, I see:
	http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/%24slreleasever/x86_64/os/Packages/acl-2.2.51-12.el7.x86_64.rpm: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 - Not Found

It seems that yum is expecting to redefine $releasever in the repo's baseurl and ditching $slreleasever. This makes sense, as I wouldn't expect --releasever to define $slreleasever. Nor would I expect $slreleasever to just be automatically defined (making --releasever ignored completely). However, because of the way the baseurl is defined, it breaks installroot :(

I've also tried '--setopt=slreleasever=7x' but that doesn't seem to do what I want either. I have no idea what that does, in fact.
	Main config did not have a slreleasever attr. before setopt

As a workaround, I've created a copy of sl7.repo and called it "sl-bootstrap", simply replacing $slreleasever with $releasever and specifying "--releasever=7x" as a yum argument.

Is there a yum option I missed maybe? or a cleaner way to do this without patching yum?

--Lincoln