SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2015

From:
"~Stack~" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
~Stack~
Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 2015 15:43:30 -0500
Greetings,

Just a follow up.

I never found a way to track the "why" behind a user getting permissions
when they were not supposed to. However, it appears that Panasas enabled
a new form of ACL's in their 5.5 update which we went to a few months
back. The ACL's are apparently always on and enabled outside of the
Linux permission scope. This is how users are getting permissions.

Thanks for all of the off-list suggestions people sent me. I do
appreciate all of the help.

~Stack~