SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

September 2015

From:
Valentin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 23 Sep 2015 22:27:52 +0200
Hi everyone,

A few days ago I posted a question about the GDM not working properly on
SL7.1.  Our machines at the institute are provisioned using Spacewalk
services and we have created our own repositories.  On one of our
repositories there was the kmod-nvidia and xorg-x11-drv-340xx package
included which was installed automatically during the installation.  The
machines which had Intel graphics were affected by these packages,
preventing GDM from starting.

Once these packages were removed and the machine was restarted,
everything seemed to work fine.  My apologies for all the noise.

Thank you everyone, especially Patrick who was involved in solving this
problem. It was a great experience to see different approaches to the
problem.

Valentin