SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2015

From:
John Pilkington <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pilkington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 2015 11:00:57 +0100
On 18/08/15 09:53, Rupert Kolb wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does anybody know, why there is no EL7 in rpmfusion?
> I asked there, but no answer to this.
>
> Actually I'm looking for a resent vlc version to embed rtsp streams into
> a web page.
> This works quite good with the rpmfusion version for Fedora 21
> (2,2,1-5.fc21).
> Suboptimal with SL6 (2.0.10-1.el6) (can't get rid of the controls).
> And for SL7/EL7: nothing in rpmfusion!
>
> Thanks to John Pilkington for
> http://li.nux.ro/download/nux/dextop/el7/x86_64/ , but there
> I have had some problems with package dependencies,
> and it is an other different repo to manage.
>
> ... and I remember the discussions about centos7 vs. sl7 regarding
> reliability. What about the repos?
>
> Rupert

I realised, after sending that post, that the vlc I have came from the
nux-dextop-testing repo.  It looks as if it's still there.  The
changelog implies that it comes from a member of the rpmfusion team.  It
still seems not to work with UPnP for me, but I don't recollect having
other problems.

10:29:00 : Using the following repositories :
epel,_local,elrepo,nux-dextop,sl-fastbugs,sl,adobe-linux-x86_64,sl-extras,nux-dextop-testing,sl-security

I haven't examined my _local repo in detail, but all the others look
likely to be ok.

This link looks useful, although obviously I can't vouch for its
reliability or compatibility with SL7:

http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories

HTH

John P