SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2015

From:
Joseph Areeda <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joseph Areeda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 2015 21:53:39 -0700
Hi,

I'm finding myself in the situation where it would be nice to be able to
package our apps or backport newer versions of some apps to work with
modules on SL6.

I've found lots of things on the web that are either too single minded
or incomprehensible.

If you remember how you learned to create RPMs, I'd appreciate some
advice on how to get going.  Good books, tutorials or websites.  The
reference documentation is NOT a good place to start, necessary, but not
a good cover to cover read, at least not yet.

We have people in the collaboration that can do it but they are so
overwhelmed only critical things get done.  It would be nice if I could
do things that are important to me.

Thanks,
Joe