SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2015

From:
Wayne Motycka <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 2015 12:19:21 -0500
Yes I can confirm that reverting to the previous kernel does cause my
networking to again work properly (kernel version 2.6.32-504.30.3).  I've
also found that my companion Dell 630 upon which I'm running 64bit (my
problem child is running the 32 bit i686 version) SL6 does connect to the
network (same network) reliably after update to 2.6.32-573 so now I'm
really unsure what to indict.  While reverting solved my immediate issue,
I suspect that we've got something in the i686 distro packaging that isn't
playing well with NetworkManager/wpa_supplicant.

-Wayne