SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2015

From:
Wayne Motycka <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 2015 10:26:46 -0500
Hi,

I was happily running my SL6 Dell Latitude D630 system when I made the
apparently fatal mistake of updating my kernel to 2.6.32-573 and now
NetworkManager no longer connects to my wireless network.  The
wpa_supplicant log has some nasty looking errors which mean little to me
and lacking a network I'm unable to load any diagnostic tools.  I thought
it might be IPV6 related so I put the ipv6.disable=true into my grub.conf
but sadly that's not it.  I also noted that my wpa_supplicant.conf didn't
specifically state my interface, so I filled in the INTERFACES='-iwlan0'
which was an empty string.  I know wpa_supplicant/NetworkManager are out
of vogue but this worked up to this morning when I foolishly assumed that
the new kernel wouldn't break anything.

I've attached my dmesg and wpa_supplicant.log files hoping somebody will
recognize this situation and be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Wayne