SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2015

From:
Larry Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jul 2015 13:17:42 -0400
What ever you do - do not use the dd cmd to alter the master boot record.  You
system disk will become unusable and I have not found a way to fix it other
than a Low Level Format.   Directions in RH user manual are hard to read and
do not work.
I you really dislike Gnome try KDE on 7.1 all I can say is that it is awful
makes Windows 7 look intelligent.

Larry Linder