SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2015

From:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jul 2015 11:31:16 -0400
> And Larry, where is your code base for Spice? Is it RPM based? Because
> I find several different "spice" software packages for SL 6, none of
> which are the CAD circuitry software.
ngspice is probably what is being talked about, although GNUCAP is also
out there.  Much of the upstream Fedora EDA tools will be difficult to
pull over to EPEL for 7; I'm trying to get a recent kicad built myself,
and it wants boost 1.54+ among other things. The source RPM for kicad
that shipped with Fedora 20 builds ok, but the source RPMs for Fedoras
21 and 22 do not.