SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2015

From:
"Eve V. E. Kovacs" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eve V. E. Kovacs
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 2015 13:13:20 -0500
FYI...
Adding hep.anl.gov to Local-Realms in idmapd.conf on both client and
server, followed by restarting rpcidmapd and remounting the volume on the
client solved the problem...'almost':

I still get a server-side error message complaining that my uid doesn't
map into localdomain:
  nss_getpwnam: name 'myuid' does not map into domain 'localdomain'
But I can now change permissions on the client, so I am declaring victory.

Thanks
Eve

On Wed, 1 Jul 2015, Orion Poplawski wrote:

> Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 12:02:05 -0500
> From: Orion Poplawski <[log in to unmask]>
> To: Eve V. E. Kovacs <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: nfsv4 and rpcidmapd
>
> On 06/30/2015 01:46 PM, Eve V. E. Kovacs wrote:
>> We have an SL6 nfsv4 file server and a number of SL6 clients.
>> We were careful to configure idmapd.conf on both the clients and the server to
>> have the same domain name as follows:
>>
>> # The following should be set to the local NFSv4 domain name
>> # The default is the host's DNS domain name.
>> #Domain = local.domain.edu
>> Domain = localdomain
>>
>> All of this worked until recently.
>>
>> Now, when I try to change the ownership of my file 'test' on one of the
>> clients, I get an error:
>> chown: changing ownership of test : Invalid argument
>>
>> On the server, I see errors in the log file:
>>  rpc.idmapd[6092]: nss_getpwnam: name [log in to unmask] does not map into
>> domain 'localdomain'
>
> Another thing that could be tried, add hep.anl.gov to Local-Realms in idmapd.conf.
>

> --
> Orion Poplawski
> Technical Manager                     303-415-9701 x222
> NWRA, Boulder/CoRA Office             FAX: 303-415-9702
> 3380 Mitchell Lane                       [log in to unmask]
> Boulder, CO 80301                   http://www.nwra.com

Eve Kovacs
Argonne National Laboratory,
Room L-177, Bldg. 360, HEP