SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2015

From:
Thomas Hartmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thomas Hartmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 2015 13:40:25 +0200
Hi Steve,

thanks for the guide!

So, I guess something like
~~> /etc/systemd/system/tmp.mount
> Options=mode=1777,strictatime,xattr
could work - in principle

However, I searched a bit more and stumbled over

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-989214-view-next.html?sid=c811278b29eb4c49f2505f3619b157f6
https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/46341/is-it-possible-to-enable-xattr-on-tmpfs/

from the comments it sounds like, that extended attributes are
(intendedly?) not supported for /tmp&tmpfs ?!

Actually, this makes me wonder, if by principle there is no SELinux
cover on tmp(fs) possible, since afaik the security contexts are kept as
extended attributes, or?

Cheers and thanks,
  Thomas