SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2015

From:
David Sommerseth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Sommerseth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 2015 06:55:47 +0000
On 16 June 2015 07:44:06 CEST, ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>In SL7, I presume firewalld has replaced iptables.
>
>My SL6 iptables scripts (four of them) are really quite complex
>and have been refined over the years (two Ethernet ports and
>one fake Ethernet port, etc.).
>
>I was thinking of going back to them in SL7, but am a bit
>confused as to how.   This is what I have so far:
>

>      iptables and firewall on FC19+ and EL7+
>
>     Reference: http://serverfault.com/questions/470287/how-to-enable-
>iptables-instead-of-firewalld-services-on-rhel-7-and-fedora-18
>
>      iptables has been replaced with firewalld.
>
>      You can disable firewalld with the following:
>          # systemctl disable firewalld.service
>          # systemctl stop firewalld.service
>

>      If you want to use iptables instead (disable firewalld first):
>
>          # yum|dnf install iptables-services
>

>Okay so far, but I haven't figured out how to stitch in
>my old iptables scripts.  Or where for that matter.
>
>Many thanks,
>-T

firewalld isn't replacing iptables, it actually depends on it. Firewalld is more like a more advanced configuration tool for iptables.

IIRC, with the iptables-services package installed you get the same iptables behaviour as in SL6.  That means you have the configuration located in /etc/sysconfig/iptables*.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth