SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2015

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 2015 07:49:23 -0400
On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 4:14 PM, ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Howto build wine 32 on 64 bit only Scientific Linux 7.1:
> http://scientificlinuxforum.org/index.php?act=ST&f=6&t=3170

I can already save you a few steps. Replace the manual EPEL setup steps with:

            yum install epel-release

SL and CentOS both have this as an installable package,

That rpmbuild script you refer to is *nasty*. It's replacing your
$HOME/.rpmmacro file, without warning, which is unreasonable behavior.
Playing with NCPUS is unnecessary, and overwriting someone's locally
tuned NCPUS and target build directory is worse.

The relevant local rpmbuild ooptions can be passed as "--define"
options to the actual standard rpmbuld command with something like
this:

       linux32 rpmbuild --rebuild [file].src.rpm --define="_topdir
$PWD/../rpmbuild"

With all that said the "edit .spec files on the fly" is cute, but a
bit tricky. The "sed" statement to fix all the "-m32" options is
prize, I'd never have thoght to patch it that way, I'd have just
written a patch file to apply and add to the SRPM on x86
arfhitectures.

Hmm. Some of our friends over at CentOS have published a testable i386
version of CentOS 7, and EPEL is waiting until it's stable enough to
test to try publishing an i386 set of EPEL packages for it. This might
eliminate most of the setup work and allow simple package installation
from that repository for various dependencies, such as chrpath and
openal-soft, even if EPEL doesn't get around to doing wine.