SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2015

From:
Michel Jouvin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michel Jouvin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 2015 18:52:40 +0200
I double-checked the kernel version used and the kernel version of the
modules provided by initrd (using lsinitrd, I should have done it
before) with SL 7.1: in fact, they are both the same, 3.10.0.229. But
when PXE booting vmlinuz+initrd, I end up with kernel modules for
3.10.0.123 (version from 7.0) in /lib/modules... How this is possible? I
removed the initrd file checked with lsinitrd to ensure that I was
getting an error when booting about the missing file so I am really
using this initrd file...

I am lost... Any idea is welcome!

Michel