SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

April 2015

From:
Bill Maidment <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Maidment <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 2015 19:08:46 +1000
Hi Pat/Connie
Thanks for the suggestion about the BIOS.
I updated to the latest BIOS, but after rebooting poweroff still failed to switch off power. I then re-installed SL7.1 from scratch and poweroff now does what it's supposed to on the base kernel.
After a yum update the poweroff still works OK with the latest kernel.
So I'm not sure if the BIOS fixed it or the re-install. Or was it both? Anyway, all's well that ends well.

Also, regarding the mailing list, I was probably a bit paranoid. I just hadn't seen many issues reported.
Thanks again. Sorry for the noise.

Bill