SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

April 2015

From:
Dirk Hoffmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dirk Hoffmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 2015 18:02:25 +0200
> Or if you decide to build just the driver, look in:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/BuildingKernelModules

Actually we do know how to do that, but in this case we have to provide
a package which is as close as possible with mainline (SL) distribution,
while it needs a patch of some specific network drivers to work with our
added driver.

So we were confused by the numbering convention and lost without a point to
browse the sources for better understanding. The solution will be to start
from kmod-ixgbe (likely from ElRepo) and an obviously an older version than
what comes with the "factory default" SL7. We do not use the x550 (yet),
hence should to survive like that.

We still believe that there was an error or mismatch in mixing and
backporting and re-numbering ixgbe to a temporary release in the official
kernel and then again to a rh7 quickfix, but that is off topic here.

Cheers, and thanks again for the prompt answers!
 									Dirk