SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

April 2015

From:
Dirk Hoffmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dirk Hoffmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 2015 15:43:04 +0200
On Apr 23, Akemi Yagi wrote:

> SL's kernels are simply rebuilt from the upstream (RHEL) kernel
> source. So, it was Red Hat to decide to update the igxbe driver to
> 4.0.1. I suspect it was backported from the latest stable kernel from
> kernel.org (4.0).

Thanks for that very quick answer!

Any idea how I can look at the kernel sources (and hence the driver code in
question)?

This:
  ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/7Server/en/os/README
sends me to a page, where
  rpms/kernel
  rpms/kernel.git
  rpms//kernel
  rpms//kernel.git
  rpms/kernel/
  rpms/kernel.git/
seem to be closest to what I need. But they end up showing the same contents
and just a bogus multiplicity or misconfiguration of that server.

However, the branches there ("c7" for CentoOS7) do not contain any
substantial kernel sources, just some configuration stuff.

I am lost. Any help will be appreciated.
 									Dirk

PS: I am likely to get this wrong, but:
" - The kernel tarball inside the srpm is created from a git tree that is
only accessible to Red Hat engineers."
according to http://lwn.net/Articles/430098/

Is SL really based on an "obfuscated" kernel tarball?????