SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

February 2015

From:
Phil Wyett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 2015 06:06:04 +0000
On Wed, 2015-02-04 at 07:40 +0000, Phil Wyett wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Please accept the submission of a new package for review and possible
> inclusion into the SL addons repo.
>
> Name: sl-mock-config

> (x86_64).
>
> Signed SRPMS are publicly available from:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/philwyett-vendetta/sl-mock-config/downloads
>
> Public GPG available from:
>
> https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x1671B57B87280AE5
>
> Attached files:
>
> sl-mock-config-1.0.0-1.el6.src.rpm - SL 6 signed SRPM.
>
> sl-mock-config-1.0.0-1.el7.src.rpm - SL 7 signed SRPM.
>
> sl-mock-config.yaml - YAML file for package. 'release_announcement'
> field left as <todo> until any offical release is done into SL.
>
> PHILWYETT-VENDETTA-RPM-GPG-KEY.public - My public key for import todo
> SRPM checking.
>
> Notes:
>
> I regard the 6 files in this package to be production ready. The files
> for 7 are fresh and need some testing before I would declare them
> production ready. As such I have indicated the package as not production
> ready at this time in the packages YAML file.
>
> As SL 5 is so close to EOL. I have decided not to do files for it at
> this time.
>
> Regards
>
> Phil

Hi all,

Attached are new SRPM files for 'sl-mock-config'.

This update adds a config option that disables 'ccache'.

https://bitbucket.org/philwyett-vendetta/sl-mock-config/issue/2/disable-ccache-in-sl-mock-config-files-and

The package 'mock' has 'ccache' enabled by default and is something we
do not need and would also require pulling 'ccache from EPEL. The
previous solution was to add this option in the file
'/etc/mock/site-defaults.cfg;. Having this option within our config
files allows the user to install 'sl-mock-config' and go right to work
without the need to edit another packages config file(s); and leaves
'ccache' enabled for those config files of other projects where it has
been enabled.

Issue #1:

https://bitbucket.org/philwyett-vendetta/sl-mock-config/issue/1/non-fatal-warnings-building-for-sl-7

This issue stems from other packages that were less than well created
initially. Testing has shown that newer packages already in errata and
fastbugs fix these warnings on el7 builds. SL 7.1 will have builds
without these warnings.

Due to this and other testing. I have now marked this version as
production ready.