SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

January 2015

From:
Pat Riehecky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pat Riehecky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2015 08:20:03 -0600
On 01/14/2015 02:49 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 12:44 PM, Orion Poplawski <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>> Perhaps, SL can apply a patch that is similar to what is in CentOS?
>>>
>>> https://git.centos.org/commitdiff/rpms!ipa/69f9f3454df6eac56e77a3041fbfc161d92d4f66
>>>
>>> Akemi
>>>
>> Perhaps, although that doesn't seem to be directly related.  FWIW centos also
>> ships subscription-manager and ipa-server requires it.
> This is another patch in CentOS that removes subscription-manager:
>
> https://git.centos.org/commitdiff/rpms!ipa/9dc499ad898372a78c8737fdb7edf3d66f988dc5
>
> Akemi

It is a bit weird that IPA requires subscription-manager.  I'll have to
see if I can figure out why this requirement is present.

As for providing subscription-manager with SL7, it is useful for
connecting to distributed management solutions such as Katello.

Pat

--
Pat Riehecky
Scientific Linux developer