SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

December 2014

From:
Phil Wyett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 2014 16:42:01 +0000
Hi all,

As a user/developer who has lurked/participated on IRC since 2000 when
my eyes were truly opened to Free/OSS, I have found discussion on IRC to
be value to any project. This being the case, I have created two
unofficial channels on freenode for SL users and developers to make use
of.

Freenode: https://freenode.net

Channels:

#sl-users

Topic
=====

Unofficial Scientific Linux user channel. Official website for
Scientific Linux: http://http://www.scientificlinux.org

Welcome message
===============

[#sl-users] Welcome to the unofficial Scientific Linux users IRC
channel. This channel is for discussing use of Scientific Linux and
allows users to support each other.

#sl-devel

Topic
=====

Unofficial Scientific Linux development channel. Official website for
Scientific Linux: http://http://www.scientificlinux.org

Welcome message
===============

[#sl-devel] Welcome to the unofficial Scientific Linux development IRC
channel. This channel is for discussing development of/with Scientific
Linux.

The channels are logged thanks to: https://botbot.me/ Links to logs can
be access via their website directly or via the link supplied at the end
of the channel topic.

I am happy to add SL project developers as ops if they wish and as time
goes by I would expect to add others who show they are responsible.

Regards

Phil