SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

November 2014

From:
Urs Beyerle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Urs Beyerle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2014 14:52:17 +0100
Hi Akemi

Thanks for testing.

On 11/10/2014 09:24 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
[....]

> Just booted with SL-66-x86_64-2014-11-09-LiveCD.iso and installed it
> to the hard drive. During the firstboot, it did not offer to create a
> regular user account. Is this expected with the CD (not DVD)?

Strange, I can not reproduce the problem. During first boot I see first a welcome message/screen, then I click on "Forward" - which gets me to the "Create User"
page.

> LiveMiniCD.iso is only 17% smaller than LiveCD.iso. What's the
> difference between the two?

Good question. The MiniCD is maybe obsolete. In contrast to the CD the MiniCD comes with Icewm instead of Gnome. The idea was to save disk space. Unfortunately
the base live system (kernel, firmware, glibc, anaconda, etc.) became larger and larger with every release of SL6. As a consequent I had to remove packages from
the LiveCD, whereas the size of the MiniCD increased from one release to the other.

Cheers,

	Urs