SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2014

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2014 16:32:24 -0700
On SL 6, I have a small icon on the bottom panel task bar that appears
as a N x N (N = 3 for my choice) matrix and that can be used to switch
between workspaces and drag open application windows from one workspace
to another.  I cannot find this for SL 7 gnome, nor can I find the way
to add widgets to panels -- the menu that will pop up from a click on
the panel and that starts with Add to Panel.

I have found

      *alacarte*-3.*7*.90-8.el7.noarch RPM
      <http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/centos/7.0.1406/x86_64/Packages/alacarte-3.7.90-8.el7.noarch.html>

from the CentOS 7 (official RedHat non-supported EL) distro.

Any suggestions for the other gnome desktop utilities?

Yasha Karant