SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2014

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2014 12:09:00 -0700
Two information items:

1.  I did yum remove (all existing paraview rpm installs) followed by
the GUI install of the X86-64 versions from EPEL referenced below in
this thread.  Execution of paraview failed in the same manner --
immediate "death" of X

2.  As I maintained a login screen as a terminal on a different screen
(ctrl-alt-F4), the postmortem in  ~/.xsession-errors, where ~ is my
home (not root) directory. is

paraview: Fatal IO error:  client killed

with no additional messages

I can provide the various log files in /var/log if this will help.

Any additional suggestions?  Is there a way to execute paraview within
some sort of tracing shell to find the exact call or calls that failed?

Thanks,

Yasha Karant