SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2014

From:
Bill Maidment <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Maidment <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2014 12:38:52 +1100
Looking at the Disk utility, it turns out that the install had set up the disks correctly, in spite of what the install menu showed.
I added the following to /etc/grub2/grub.cfg just after the 10-linux section:

menuentry "Windows 7 Professional SP1" {
        insmod ntfs
        set root=(hd1,2)
        chainloader +1 }

And all is working OK, except now I have a laptop fan running all the time at full speed.

Regards
Bill Maidment