SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2014

From:
Larry Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2014 14:06:04 -0400
The FBI was given all the information and we did a telephone interview and
when I told them there was no bank fraud - they were in our accounts but did
not succeed in getting any money.   At this point they were not interested as
no theft was committed.
We have a very good log of events and how much time we spent on problem fixing
the problem.
Come tax time we will have a large "other" business expense.  If you can
document your expenses then do it.  If not don't as it makes you guilty of
fraud.   The IRS is a little more direct than other agencies.

There is a web page you all may look at that explains most in detail.
http://blog.malwaremustdie.org/
They are mostly correct but when you examine a instance of the malware
installation there is a lot more to it than what they are presenting.   The
perpetrators are not standing still.
It is a game to some but a business to others.
I cost a lot of time to understand and fix problem.
We are going to set up another machine that our field guys can access.   Then
they have to log onto the server.   The password changes daily.

One of the real slowness of the Internet is due to the amount of "JUNK"
traffic.   A analysis of our modem and IP traffic directed to our fixed IP
was sometimes 50% of traffic.   AT&T guy who had a lot of knowledge about
these problems and a couple of unusual test sets was able to do a historical
analysis.
The thing that really gets you is that they are harassing you with you
equipment and your $$ you spend on it.

My suggestion is to unplug China from the Internet and a number of other
countries until they get their house in order.

This subject is declared dead - finished.

Larry Linder