SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2014

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Oct 2014 08:21:44 -0400
On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 5:38 AM, lejeczek <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> should have mentioned, apologies, suspend is the graceful shutdown of the
> guest I was thinking of.
> Guest is win2k8, why would it not suspend - seems server versions of windows
> have to forced,
> but yet I get - trying powercfg.exe - ".. firmware does not support
> suspend.." or similar,
> which I guess is down to qemu/kernel

"libvirt" isn't the actual technology of virtualization. It's a
wrapper for Xen, KVM, QEMU, and possibly for my uncle wearing a funny
hat channeling the spirits of the ancients while tapping the table
with his knees for haunted noises. Please mention which virtualization
technology you're actually using: the built-in and RHEL supported KVM,
I assume?