SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

October 2014

From:
Pat Riehecky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pat Riehecky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 2014 14:03:25 -0500
Updated packages have been posted for testing:

ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6rolling/testing/i386/
ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6rolling/testing/x86_64/

With the upstream release of EL6.6 there are a number of security errata
packages which may have a fundamental impact on all SL6 systems.

To help ensure these are rolled out safely we have posted them in the
SL6 Testing repo.  Unless critical bugs are reported these packages will
be pushed into SL6 on Nov 3 2014.

All SL6 users are encouraged to select a non-production system and test
the application of these updates.

There are over 250 packages just pushed into the SL6 Testing repo for
evaluation, and as such we cannot list them all in a concise manner.

High profile packages include:
cups
firefox
glibc
gtk2
kerberos
kernel
thunderbird
xorg

You can install this update for testing via the sl-testing repo on
your SL system:
   yum --enablerepo=sl-testing update