SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2014

From:
Vladimir Mosgalin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vladimir Mosgalin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 18:25:40 +0400
Hi Karel Lang AFD!

 On 2014.09.17 at 16:08:05 +0200, Karel Lang AFD wrote next:

> i've already been complaining about stupid GUI partitioner during the RHEL
> 7.0 setup, including Red Hat official forums.
>
> For me it was easier to switch from gui installer to console (ctrl,alt,fx),
> create all needed partition with parted (or fdisk), then VG with vgcreate,
> LV with lvcreate etc etc

Hm. That didn't work for me either :( That was another bug, forgot to
mention it.

Ctrl-alt-Fx - and gui was still on screen. It stopped updating, like
mouse cursor didn't move anymore otherwise still there, without any
distortions even. Kept me puzzling for few seconds, until I found out
that Ctrl-alt-F6 (IIRC) "unfreezes" mouse and keyboard cursors and lets
me continue.

Must be that broken video driver not allowing text mode after GUI. Or
maybe some special video driver is used during UEFI install. I'm not
really sure what was used and it would be impossible to switch to text
mode and check :-/

There was an option for "anaconda in safe graphics mode" installation but
since default worked (except for switching to text mode) I didn't use
it.

--

Vladimir