SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2014

From:
Karel Lang AFD <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karel Lang AFD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 16:08:05 +0200
Hi,
i've already been complaining about stupid GUI partitioner during the
RHEL 7.0 setup, including Red Hat official forums.

For me it was easier to switch from gui installer to console
(ctrl,alt,fx), create all needed partition with parted (or fdisk), then
VG with vgcreate, LV with lvcreate etc etc

Then switch back to Gui installer and 'reread' disk layout.
Much faster, much easier, total control - at least for me.

cheers,