SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2014

From:
Karel Lang AFD <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karel Lang AFD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2014 22:58:38 +0200
Hi,
to solve this, id suggest:
1. have a look what is stated in your xorg.conf file - you should have
there something like

Section "InputDevice"
     # generated from data in "/etc/sysconfig/keyboard"
     Identifier     "Keyboard0"
     Driver         "keyboard"
     Option         "XkbLayout" "us"
     Option         "XkbModel" "pc105"
EndSection

2. log in as root at runlevel 3 and 'startx'
then switch back to console via ctrl+alt+f1 and have a look at
/var/log/Xorg.0.log

and look for any error message
switch back to gui via ctrl-alt-f7 to try to type

3. check if you have all X server related packages installed - if you
run below command you should get those groups installed (except kde if
you dont use it) ... as a matter of a fact, you can try to install it
and see if you can run keyboard in kde ... ( to install grp run 'yum
groupinstall "name of grp"

yum grouplist

Desktop
Desktop Platform