SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2014

From:
Karel Lang AFD <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karel Lang AFD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2014 14:34:15 +0200
Hello,

Can you please clarify you intentions a little bit more in detail?
'the setup windows printer on SL 6' can mean lots of things like e.g.:

- i have SL6 server and i want to share networked printer to windows (or
any) client by creating print queue on my SL6 server
- i want my SL6 laptop to connect to printer that is shared and has
printer queue setup on the windows 2008 server
- i want my SL6 laptop connect to other SL6 server that share its CUPs
printer queue via Samba
..
which is it :]?

for your other questions:

the nmbd is just a binary, one of multiple in the Samba packages (even
though one of most important).

if i may suggest, try:

service smb status
service nmb status