SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2014

From:
R P Herrold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
R P Herrold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 2014 13:45:08 -0400
On Wed, 3 Sep 2014, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> It's quite galling: the current semi-manual re-assembly of
> local branches, based on "git log" entries, is winding up
> lauded as sufficient and superior because, frankly, it's the
> only thing that's currently supported.

Nico

I get it -- you are unhappy about unsigned SRPMS.  I am
located in the US and so readily subject of the reach the
upstream as a target for litigation on perceived EULA / terms
of use / etc violations.  I won't be exposing such a tool
publicly, but then ...

If you (seemingly offshore from the upstream) really cannot
afford the funds for a subscription, and will do the coding of
a mrepo / satellite / whatever proxy to retrieve the signed
sources, please ... pass the hat, buy a subscription, and just
sit down and write the code.  It would seem (but you should
satisfy yourself) that your downside risk is that they will
turn off such a subscription

But is is not productive (for you) to carp over and over
without taking steps to address your concern, nor (for others)
reading mailing lists to wade through 're-runs' of your
concern

Thanks

-- Russ herrold