SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2014

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 2014 07:39:02 -0400
On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 6:14 PM, David Sommerseth
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I'd recommend you to install mock and build it via mock.  Your user
> account must be member of the mock group to function.
>
> Mock builds pulls down the needed packages for the distribution you
> build your packages for, unpacks them in a chroot and does the complete
> build process inside that chroot.  On success, you'll get RPMs and on
> failures you'll get a lot of log files to study :)

Ooohh!!! Ooohhh!! Mr. Kotter!!! (Old 70's television show reference)

I've got a bunch of mock based build setups at github, including
things like https://github.com/nkadel/subversion-1.8.x-srpm/ The
structure is helpful. Drop your SRPM source material in a git repo,
add the 'Makefile' I've created, and it'll try build things for you in
the designated 'mock' repos.

If you need 'mock' configurations that point to SL instead of CentOS,
or point to local repos, let me know, I can opst those too. I point it
to a local SL mirror, to make mock a *LOT* faster building new
environments. And mock can get pretty bulky, so consider setting aside
a partition or disk for 'mock' work and linking '/var/lib/mock' and
'/var/cache/mock' to space on that separate disk.

In case you hadn't guessed, I've been doing a *lot* of this.