SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2014

From:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2014 09:47:17 -0400
On 09/01/2014 05:37 PM, ToddAndMargo wrote:

> An RPM [of autoscan-network] yet to try?

In my own quick build attempts, I was not successful in building a
running binary from source.  Also, the binary tarball didn't run,
either.  But I'm running 64-bit and the tarball is 32-bit, and there are
a few indications that it might not build properly as 64-bit.

But it wasn't high on my priority list, either, so I only put half an
hour or so into seeing just how easy or difficult it would be to build.
I did track down dependencies as they were declared, and the binary
built, but it would not actually run as built.  So I've put it on the
back burner here, since, as I say, it's not a terribly high priority to
me at the moment.  If you need it, you can use a BackTrack/Kali live
disk which as far as I know still includes autoscan-network.