SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2014

From:
Steve Rikli <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scientific Linux Users <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2014 16:19:24 -0700
You mentioned you're using shadow passwd in your reply to Gilbert in
this thread -- what does that look like in each nsswitch.conf ?  I'd
expect it to be "files nis" as well, but it's a good thing to check.

Gilbert's other questions about shadow.byname et al NIS maps are also
good to check.  You can see all the NIS maps provided by the NIS server
with 'ypwhich -m'.

sr.