SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2014

Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2014 12:21:36 -0500
I used to play with a realtime Linux system back in the 90s that had a sort of virtualization architecture.  It had a realtime executive that could run realtime tasks.  One of its tasks was the Linux kernel itself so this way the tasks could "talk" with linux processes and make use of linux capabilities it lacked.

When I first worked with it, it ran the 1.3 kernel and it was really fast. A 6µsec latency.  It got progressively worse with 2x kernels.  But still much better than the 150µsec quoted earler.

I can't remember what it was called. Somebody from New Mexico developed it.  There was also an offshoot development by a group in Italy.