SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2014

Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2014 16:50:49 -0700
The stock exchange could remove most of the problem, meaning high
frequency trades, by placing a purely random 0 to 1 second latency
on all incoming data and all outgoing data. The high frequency trading
reads to me as just another means of skimming now that they're not
allowed to round down fractional pennies and pocket the change. It's
time to give mere mortals some practical access to the exchanges. And
this interest in microsecond clocks would simply vanish from the
exchanges.

On a different point, the word I can find is that the free version of
VMWare does not support this "high latency sensitivity" setting.

{o.o}   Joanne, Just sayin'