SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2014

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2014 14:02:27 -0400
On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 12:57 PM, John Lauro
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Why spread FUD about Vmware.  Anyways, to hear what they say on the subject:
> http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/techpaper/latency-sensitive-perf-vsphere55.pdf
>
> Anyways, KVM will not handle latency any better than Vmware.

I mentioned that I hope they were using real servers, not VM's. I'd
had people try to run "real-time" systems in virtualization,
specifically with VMware, and it wasn't workable for their needs.

Also, "high precision" is not the same as "low latency", although both
are often grouped together for "real-time" operations. I'm curious if
Paul needs both.