SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2014

From:
"Miguel A. Lerma" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miguel A. Lerma
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2014 13:54:58 -0500
Orion Poplawski <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 > I'm using squirrelmail on 6.5 fine, but it's running on the mail server and
 > using the default /usr/sbin/sendmail configuration to send mail.

Good to know. The problem may be that the old configuration that used to work on SL 5.9 does not translate well to the new setup in SL 6.5 - I had a similar problem with the printers (the machine is also a printserver), just copying the old printer configurations to the new cups didn't work, I had to reinstall all the printers individually from scratch one by one.

 > If the web
 > server can hand mail off to the mail server via sendmail, you might try that.

The fact is that email gets sent without any problems, but it looks like file and folder management has gotten completely messed up. Email messages sent do not appear in the Sent folder, moving a message between folders creates a copy of the message in the new folder but leaves a copy of the original message in the original folder, attachments do not get attached (are sent as zero length files), etc. And there is this annoying hanging after sending that forces the user to close the browser and relogin.

 > Anything in the httpd error logs?  SELinux?

Lots of warnings and errors in the logs, but they look too cryptic to be useful to anybody except perhaps the developers of squirrelmail - e.g.:

[Tue Aug 05 13:19:36 2014] [error] [client 89.15.239.131] PHP Warning:  in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /usr/share/squirrelmail/functions/mailbox_display.php on line 207, referer: https://secure.math.northwestern.edu/mathmail/src/webmail.php

 > > 2. Any good alternatives to Squirrelmail? - Roundcube, Horde...?
 >
 > We also use roundcube here.  Seems nice.

Right now trying to figure out how to install roundcube and make it work as an imap client... If it works we could at least have a working replacement for our webmail system until I can figure out how to reconfigure squirrelmail from scratch.

Miguel A. Lerma

--
  Miguel A. Lerma
  Math Comp Sys Admin