SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2014

From:
Takashi ichihara <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Takashi ichihara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2014 17:46:40 +0900
Bill,

You can check your NIS password map by "ypcat passwd" command
on your NIS client.  Second field should be hashed password of
13 characters.

I am not sure whether the issue below is related to your case or not.
In the NIS/NFS environment in SL, we noticed NSF mount problems accrued
starting from SL6.3 and still exist in SL6.5.  The nfs  mount
in SL6.3, 6.4, 6.5 (also CentOS 6.3-6.5) would not map the user ids
correctly.  Specific uids become 99(nobody) on the NFS(NFS4) client
of SL 6.3-6.5.

The issue was idmapd had cached the incorrect ids from the faulty
configuration, and no fixing of the configuration would sort it.

The command to fix this is nfsidmap -c (clear cache).

Regards,
Takashi

http://serverfault.com/questions/364613/centos-6-ldap-nfs-file-ownership-is-stuck-on-nobody