SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2014

From:
"Brent L. Bates" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brent L. Bates
Date:
Sat, 2 Aug 2014 22:53:30 -0400
     I'm sorry, but the proven, reliable, and fast file system is XFS,
NOT ext4.  ext4 is the new kid on the block.  XFS has been around for
probably 20 YEARS, if not longer.  Half of that time also under Linux.
ext4 hasn't been around nearly that long.  XFS is the tried and true,
dependable, reliable, resilient, and fast file system.  I've seen it
survive hardware crashes and flaky disk drives and keep on going.
I've used it under both 32bit (not huge disk drives) and 64bit Linux
with no problems.  I would not use any other file system under Linux
and if I could, I'd use it under other OS's as well.  It is just that
good, fast, and reliable.

--
Brent L. Bates
Email: [log in to unmask]