SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2014

From:
Jarek Polok <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jarek Polok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2014 15:29:06 +0200
[...]

> ??? That is not at all what I got from his reply.  What I got was that
> CERN will still be committing resources, but instead of duplicating
> effort they're joining up with the CentOS effort.

This is what I meant.

> I even get the
> impression that it's the same amount of resources as was put towards the
> separate SLC distribution, which will likely now be a SIG of CentOS.

Actually we (SLC) are putting these resources in CentOS Core SIG.
(and in the future perhaps in other SIGs too - Cloud / Virt / ..etc)
- as a matter of fact - little bit less than 'same amount' -
since we still continue building SLC6 and SLC5 in-house.

> This is good for everyone, since here is a dedicated team that is not
> comprised of Red Hat employees vested in CentOS.

[ ... ]

Jarek

__
_ Jaroslaw_Polok __________________ CERN - IT/OIS/WLS _