SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2014

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jul 2014 09:52:09 -0400
The cron scripts I mentioned for doing local rsyncs are up at
https://github.com/nkadel/nkadel-rsync-scripts/ There's also my old
'reposync' script, suitable for slurping yum based access repositories
into a local mirror. It's what I used to use to pull RHEL SRPM's or
RPM's, *only with a valid subscription*, so I could compare them to
the equivalent CentOS or SL packages.

The 'rsync-sl-obsolete.sh' was especially useful for environments
where people *insisted*, for CentOS or SL, on using only a single
locked down distribution that was no longer on the primary mirrors.