SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2014

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 2014 06:14:05 -0400
On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 5:17 PM, Pat Riehecky <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Users interested in Scientific Linux 7 ALPHA can review:
>
> http://listserv.fnal.gov/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind1407&L=scientific-linux-devel&T=0&X=30246605F08F0DC7ED&P=74
>
> --
> Pat Riehecky
>
> Scientific Linux developer
> http://www.scientificlinux.org/

OK, I'm *impressed*. Did our faithful packagers work from an RHEL
susbscription's SRPM's, or resolve the confusing new layout of the
https://git.centos.org repository?

There was already a copy in my local rsync mirror, and I'm happy to
install from there and keep the lod off your servers. Getting the
alpha into people's hands this quickly is one of the reasons I've come
to personally prefer Scientific Linux over CentOS.